Friday, June 21, 2013

Day 55 of The 365 Day Experiment. Bright Spots.


My premonition of a potentially bad day yesterday was sorely underestimated. I walked into what arguably might be my worst day at the office in my 2 1/2 years at the company. At yet, I was able to step back and recognize the few brights spots throughout my cloudiest of days.  Because there are always bright spots if you look for them.

Yesterday’s Bright Spots:

Reading my daughter’s Mother’s Day letter multiple times. (See Day 54).

Eating dinner outside with my kids and hearing them talk about their great days.

Having a really thoughtful friend meet me outside during my only break from work, and just hang out to remove myself from the chaos for a brief moment - in the sunshine.

Taking an extra long, hot shower at the end of the day.  Just because.

Having my younger daughter want to sleep next to me just to snuggle.

Turning out my light before bed, and smiling, knowing today would be a new day.  And with each new day, I find a new door to open, a new opportunity to explore.

And I awoke discovering a door; an idea surfacing from the chaos of yesterday.  And I’m running with it.
Bright spot.


No comments:

Post a Comment