I've received a bunch of side feedback from Day 196's "Trusting The Chute WIll Open." Specifically, "Okay, seriously, what do you REALLY think? You must be angry? Sad? Something? Come on, woman, WTF? Be human, will you?!"
I was being completely honest and transparent when I said I was happy for my ex moving on with his life. For one very specific reason: I believe in karma.
I tried to get pregnant with my first daughter for years. I was told I would likely not be able to have children; most certainly not by "normal means." Crushing news, if you are a woman who really wants to have a child. I am also a woman who does not give up or take no for an answer.
I went about seeking the necessary medical help, but I also thought about karma. When you are a woman who can't get pregnant, it seems like the entire population around you is having babies. And rather than sit around thinking about what those women had and what I didn't, I chose to be happy for each and every one of them. I told myself that that positive energy I gave off might somehow come back to me and my efforts to get pregnant. It couldn't be forced, and it couldn't be fake. I had to genuinely be joyful for these women. And I was. And I am convinced it contributed to my success in getting pregnant.
I apply that same theory in this situation. I choose to be happy for my ex-husband and his new fiancé because I spent many years being his cheerleader. Just because we aren't married anymore doesn't mean I should stop being that for him. He'll always be the father of my children, and this woman will be part of their lives. Me embracing this situation makes everyone's life easier, most of all my children's. And at the end of the day, they are who matter most. So I send them positive wishes because I wish for their happiness, but also because I will want the same back when it is my turn to bring someone new into the family.
I believe we are the architects of our own fate. It is up to us to chose bliss or misery. Our own version of heaven or hell. Peace or chaos. I have found that by trusting my gut, I choose that which leads me to the path of karma nearly every time. I give what I hope to receive in return.
And if I don't receive it...karma's a bitch. ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment