Sunday, January 26, 2014

Day 209 of The 365 Day Experiment. The Grammys.

I love the Grammys.  It's one of the few nights I look forward to every year, without needing to do anything to prepare for it.  I get to sit back, enjoy fashion, incredible music, and some innovative performances all from the comfort of my couch. 

Unlike Oscar night, where I haven't seen half of the movies nominated, I am typically familiar with almost everything nominated on this night.  I have a point of view on who should win, and who will get robbed.  I look forward to seeing my favorite artists, and relish the introduction to new acts.  For someone who typically doesn't watch a ton of television and can't sit still, this is a night that is almost as enjoyable as a concert.  Almost.

So I'm logging off early, cracking a bottle of wine, and kicking back.  I'm ready to watch Taylor Swift make her "ohmygodican'tbelieveiwon" faces as she collects her awards for Red, and cheering on the Best New Artist as they take the stage for the first time and watch their dreams come true. 

This is my fantasy life playing out on stage.  If I had the musical gift, this is the night I would be working towards.  Alas, I'm not.  The business world is my stage, and building thriving companies are my albums.  I am so grateful that I've had a few hits.  And just like my girl P!nk, I'm just getting started.

No comments:

Post a Comment