My normal state is fairly calm and collected. I have an incredibly long fuse. It takes a huge amount to drive me to my breaking point. However, when you do, I am done. And while it sounds exceptionally aggressive, I call it my "don't f*ck with me" moment. A very few people have brought me to that point in my lifetime.
Over the last 75% of a year, I have shared stories of my generally positive outlook on life. How I am able to see the glass half full in even the most dirty of glasses. But every few years, something or someone will put me over the edge. It takes an awful lot to get me there. When I get there however, I don't turn back. I'm done.
I do not believe in revenge. I do not believe in being mean-spirited. What I do believe in, however, I standing up for myself. And while I live my life doing my best to be a generally warm-hearted person, those efforts should not be mistaken for weakness. You will learn, if you are the one to "f*ck with me," just how strong I really am.
So what happens in this scenario? Nothing visibly dramatic. Nothing overtly tangible. But you will feel it down deep in your gut.
I turn off the switch in my soul to you.
I will always be civil. I will always be appropriate. I'll even be friendly if the situation dictates that. But you have lost me on your team. And maybe you don't care about that. But you should. When I am on your team, and we are close, I am probably one of your biggest cheerleaders. I do whatever I can do to support you. I have your back.
I typically have a lot of people's backs. And I do that, and I tell these people that, because I think it's really, really important to know who is on your team. And I believe and support many really fantastic people. And when you lose my support, I guarantee you will feel the void.
I am not aggressive by nature. I am assertive, but not aggressive. I don't seek to hurt anyone, and I hate being hurt by others. And yet I recklessly set myself up to be hurt easily because I spread my support and care around widely. Stupidly, I believe that if I do it to others, it will karmically come back to me. Not always. And I certainly learned how not to expect it.
So don't f*ck with me, please. Life is too short to waste time on drama and jerks. I'd rather just spend it backing the people who deserve the support - and hope they cheer me on as well.
No comments:
Post a Comment