I’m feeling a little aggressive today. Why? Because I’m finding that often people who think they know me think they know what’s best for me. News flash: you don’t.
I try to go through life being open minded, because I know I don’t have all the answers. There are plenty of times where I seek the advice of others, and look to their wisdom to help guide my direction. Not often, but I do it. Ask a few of my close friends. I’ve done it multiple times this week.
When it comes to my own life choices, however, as in who is best for me, or what is best for me, I’m pretty clear on that. I don’t need to be told my bar is too high, or my expectations are unrealistic. Who is anyone to tell me what I should or shouldn’t be satisfied with in my own life? Or what I should or shouldn’t settle for?
I have one life to life. I will live it on my terms, because it is MY life. I am mindful that the people I am closest to (my daughters, family and cherished friends) need to considered and respected when I make those choices. For everyone else, if those choices don’t work for you, that is your issue, not mine.
Candidly, I think this is how we should all feel. I see so many people I care about making choices to please others rather than themselves. There should be a healthy balance there, no? At the end of your days, if you have lived your life based on the expectations of others, you haven’t really lived your life.
So, yes people, feel free to keep telling me I should be content because I have a great life. You are right, I do. I will listen to you because I probably respect you. At the end of the day though, I’ll do what works for me. It’s my life, and it’s a good one; but I will always, always, seek to improve it.
No comments:
Post a Comment