Friday, December 20, 2013

Day 173 of The 365 Day Experiment. Holiday Spirit in The Office.

I’m writing quickly, during my one break this afternoon.  I wanted to capture my joy while it was still fresh.
We have an incredibly fun team.  Earlier this week, we launched this video.  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zyo12rQ1D3U
Today, we had our annual ugly Christmas sweater contest at work.  It was partnered with a chili cook off, and was finished off with karaoke.  And people came to play.
It’s been a great reminder for all of us why this is such a special place to work.  I always disliked the old adage “work hard, play hard,” but it’s fitting here.  People have really crushed it this year.  And they aren’t done yet…many are working next week to ensure we make sure we make every 2013 goal we can.  But when it’s time to take a break and play, we play.
That’s a great thing about working at a company with people who like each other.  While everyday isn’t a party, when we get together, we know how to enjoy each other.  I’m learned that’s a rare thing in companies.  Just not in the ones I’ve been fortunate enough to be a part of.
So today, I will enjoy the rest of my day by cracking up when I pass an ugly sweater, and I will look forward to the dinner about 20 of us are having later this evening.   And I will be thankful for this early gift:  a reminder of just how fortunate I am to work with these people.

No comments:

Post a Comment