Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Day 158 of The 365 Day Experiment. Little Blue Boxes.

I have been in meetings all day.  Brutal.  And yet I got back to my office late this afternoon to find a Tiffany’s catalog sitting on my desk.  
Perhaps it was just in my mail stack that my assistant left for me.  Perhaps somebody just thought I’d appreciate looking at all the sparkly stuff.  Or perhaps someone just thought I needed to check out the jewelry porn as a nice diversion from my insane email box.  It actually doesn’t matter how it ended up there.
What matters is that it did.  Because this afternoon I decided to do something I have never done before.  I looked through the catalog, and I chose something for me.  For Christmas.  Because I’ve had a long, up and down year.  And no one else is going to be treating me to a special goody this year.  So I will treat myself.  You know why?  Because I deserve it.
I am having it sent gift wrapped.  I will put it under the tree, and on Christmas morning, as the girls unwrap their gifts, I will watch with joy.  And then, after I have savored the few treasured gifts I have from friends and family, I will open my little blue box.  And I will smile.  

No comments:

Post a Comment